The Scottish Chamber Choir
- Iain McLarty (conductor)
- John Kitchen (organ)
Saturday 21 November 2015 at 7.30pm
Old Saint Paul's Scottish Episcopal Church, 63 Jeffrey Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1DH
- Requiem Op 9 - Maurice Duruflé
- Quatre motets pour le temps de Noël - Francis Poulenc
- A Year's Carols - Rory Boyle
- In Splendoribus Sanctorum, from Strathclyde Motets - James MacMillan
- Adam lay y-bounden - Stuart MacRae
Written during and immediately after the Second World War, Duruflé's Requiem is a calm and meditative response to the turbulence of war. The Scottish Chamber Choir, under young Scottish conductor Iain McLarty, sings this poignant masterpiece in the atmospheric setting of Old St Paul's. The programme includes seasonal works by Poulenc and contemporary Scottish composers. A winter concert of moving and beautiful music.
Tickets are £10 (£5 for students; free for under-18s), available from members, at the door, or from TicketSource.